Contract Ruby on Rails Web Developer (Lead)
Ruby on Rails Web Developer (Lead)
Type: Contract (6 months +) leading to full time.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About the position: We are looking for a talented Front-End Web Developer with some understanding of user experience design to join our client, a well-funded healthcare start-up company developing software products, in a contract role. The company is nominated as one of Canada’s hottest start-ups and is based in the GTA. They are officially launching products in early 2014.
As a candidate for this critical position, you are a developer with strong consumer web application development experience, deep knowledge of the latest web and analytical technologies, and an appreciation for good interaction design. This is a 6 month contract position with high potential for full time arrangement.
- Initiative to own the process from initial concept to production-ready solution and beyond. This is not a typical 9 to 5 job
- Gather requirements and develop a deep understanding about current challenges from project leads, user feedback, and application analytics
- Deliver an engaging user experience, in terms of aesthetics, ease of use, and device independence and to work closely with illustrators and designers
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust applications and develop prototypes quickly
- Develop, design, and implement scalable and reliable technologies across our platforms.
- Make changes across databases; optimize server and client code on iOS/Android/web platforms.
- Analyze new feature requirements, on which you will create recommendations, estimates, technical specifications and design documents
- Upgrade site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Ensure coding standards are met; optimizing the web architectures for navigability and accessibility, and ensuring the website and databases are being backed up
- Collaborate closely with other team members to continuously improve the core product
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Software engineering, or related technical education and experience
Above all, must be a very strong web developer.
Proficiency in the following:
- Ruby on Rails (Or willing to learn and have experience in similar frameworks)
- Ruby (Or willing to learn and have experience in similar languages)
- Ubuntu Server
- Google Analytics
Flexible, quick learner, self-motivated and self-starter with excellent communication skills.
Be creative and have an aesthetic eye in web design
Desire to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment where formal project requirements or design guidelines are not always available
Ability to iterate quickly and thrive in an agile workflow
Willingness to run solo with a project when needed, as well as switching gears to consult and collaborate with both a creative team and developers
Must have a portfolio of projects to demonstrate skills and experience
- Experience in working with start-up organizations
- Java – server side (J2EE)
About us: eHealthCareers is a new organization that seeks to address the human resource organization needs of Canada’s digital health industry. We consider ourselves as an information hub for students, emerging professionals and professionals that are both within and outside of the industry. eHealthCareers specializes in disseminating HI knowledge and employment strategies, act as ambassadors and supporters of digital health, as well as being a first point of contact to those looking to begin their career path in the field. Currently we feature a number of services including a job board, career advisement, and more.
How to ApplyWe thank you for your interest. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted. Please apply at http://jobs.ehealthcareers.ca
1799 total views, 1 today